Christ was sent by his Father to love and serve us through the cross, and so now we want to be about the work of displaying Christ's love and proclaiming Christ's work to the world. Here are the ways in which we seek to do this, both in our community and beyond.
One child, One hour, One church, One school.
KHUSA offers churches and schools a proven, award-winning model to meet the emotional, social and academic needs of children. KHUSA programs create one-on-one mentoring relationships between adult church members, willing to give a little time and a lot of love, and at-risk elementary schoolchildren in their community who desperately need loving, caring adults in their lives. Utilizing the existing structures of churches and elementary schools as the framework for these programs, KIDS HOPE USA creates successful, sustainable and life-changing church-school partnerships.
In this One Child, One Hour, One Church, One School model, each participating church partners with a single school, and each KHUSA church-sponsored mentor spends one hour each week with their “one-and-only child” at the school.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor or a behind-the-scenes prayer partner, contact the church office for more information.
TC Cares is a one-day free health clinic that is offered to residents of the greater Traverse City area who are in need. Various services are offered, such as medical, optical, chiropractic, physical therapy screenings and care; haircuts, family photos, a warm meal, manicures, spiritual counseling and winter outerwear. The clinic runs on a zero-dollar budget, which means that all services and goods are donated.
TC Cares is built on the free clinic model of Touched Twice United, an organization that is empowering churches to meet the healthcare and spiritual crisis of America in the name of Christ.
Our next clinic is on Saturday, October 14, 2017 from 10am - 2pm at Sojourn Church.
Follow TC Cares on Facebook for updates!
The plan of God is to redeem a group of people who are his very own, and this group of people will be called out and redeemed "from every tribe and language and people and nation (Rev. 5:9b)." In short, the Gospel of Jesus Christ is for the entire world! God will not stop until he has created his people from the nations, and we want to be caught up in God's universal redemptive plan.
To that end, we have partnered with several individual missionaries and agencies, ranging from here in Michigan to across the world. Here is a listing of the missionaries and mission agencies that we have partnered with:
- Sojourn Network - a network of evangelical, reformed baptistic churches that covenant together to plant more and healthier churches.
- Christ's Hope International CarePoint - a carepoint in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo and Jamanique that aids HIV/AIDS-affected children in physical, educational and spiritual care in a Christ-centered, nurturing environment
- Andrew & Leah Postema - missionaries to Romania, leading a camping ministry that aims to assist local churches by encouraging their youth to trust Christ as Savior, cultivate authentic relationships, and make life-changing commitments.
- Jan Oudemolen - retired missionary who spent many years teaching release time and after-school Bible classes for children K-4th grade. Sojourn is Jan's home church.
- Helen Squires - Helen Squires and her husband, Wayne, served as church planters with Continental Baptist Missions. Wayne served as Pastor at Sojourn for nearly 20 years. Wayne passed away in April 2016 and Helen is currently living in Grand Rapids to be closer to her family.
- Charlie & Rachel Armstrong - Charlie and Rachel, serve as a part of PALM (Preparing Arab-world Leaders for Ministry) a ministry of Pioneers.